Saturday
My cousins from Georgia, whom I haven't seen in like 7 years, came to visit! That was so exciting because the last time we saw each other we were barely in high school and now we're both married, and Courtney and her husband just adopted a baby!! (Cutest little baby, BTW)
Aiden Greer
- Went on a Carriage Tour. (Now I get to check that one off our summer to do list.) Our driver was really funny so that helped take our minds off the humid hot Charleston weather. Our engine for the carriage was Butch, an 18 year old draft horse. Butch was HUGE! He had the life though, worked 8 weeks straight, then went to pasture for some R&R for 24 weeks. Lucky old dog, or horse should I say. lol.
- Next, we ate lunch at the yummy Wild Wing Cafe on Market St.
- After our bellies were full, we went down to the Battery and Waterfront Park. It was so beautiful. We showed them the pineapple fountain, which our 3rd cousin, Benny, designed and built. (Pretty cool, huh?)

- Once we took a million pictures there, we proceeded back to the parking garage to head over to Mt. Pleasant, but before we could head out we had to pay $11 for parking!!! $11 for 3 hours! Now I see how parking is Charlestons third largest revenue. I just happen to think that is insane.
- So, once I was done ranting about how crazy the parking fees are, we arrived at Patriots Point, hopped on a ferry, and headed to Fort Sumter. It was pretty cool to be able to stand where the civil war started, but the majority of the time I couldn't concentrate on the history because the wind was so strong it was blowing my dress up the whole time....not a good thing.
- Another distracting thing while we were at Fort Sumter, was Trey's shoes. We must've been stopped a million times by people asking random questions about Trey's shoes. Here is a picture of his strange choice of footwear.....Vibrams.
- After what seemed like forever at the fort and on the ferry, we finally headed home for the night.
- Trey and I dropped my cousins off at my grandmas and rented a redbox! We watched It's Complicated and it was hilarious!!!
Sunday
We spent Sunday at my parents lakehouse with the family. Chowed down on lots of good food, went out on the boat, surprised my grandma with a visit from my Aunt Lisa, Luke and Mallory (she had no idea, it was great!), watched Trey wakeboard, watched Trey lose his Costas in the water while wakeboarding (not a smart move), got lots of sun, and had a blast with the family out on the lake.
(notice the Costas still on....not for long)
Monday
For Memorial Day, Trey and I went to the lake house with some great friends of ours from church. The day didn't quite turn out the way we planned, due to the weather but we still had a blast. We substituted boat time for junk food, poker, and Frisbee. :)
Monday night Trey and I headed to the mall to get him another pair of Costas, since his other pair preferred the lake rather than his face. We also stopped in Fredericks of Hollywood for me to get a new bra. Well, let me tell you, I didn't just get one bra, I got FIVE bras!!! And guess how much they were?? $7.49 a piece!! They were having a major sale, to say the least. So, I got one in every color. I was so happy because they fit perfectly and they are just so pretty!!! YAY for sweet deals like this one.
Well, there it is folks. How did you spend your Memorial Day weekend? :)











3 comments:
Glad we could surprise ya'll. We had a great time at the lake and look forward to some more times this summer. Since Mallory will be there next week, you must blog about what ya'll do so I can keep up with my baby girl.....Your picts of Charleston with the cousins are great!! and yes, Aiden is a doll!! Blog on!!
1. I love that white dress! Where did you get it from? It's adorable!!
2. I seriously stared at the picture of Trey's shoes for like 2 minutes, those are so strange looking but a really interesting idea for shoes!
3. Yay for sales! I love poking through random stores and getting things on sale. It's almost a hobby, and I usually buy too much all the time!! haha
Lisa- I will definitely be posting things that me and Mal do when she's here. So no worries there. In fact, since I started blogging, I've been obsessed with taking pictures. lol.
Kate- Thanks a bunch, I got it from Ross. Which is basically my favorite store because they have the best deals ever, and the cutest shoes. :)
Post a Comment