So, today begins my first day of blogging! Who would've thought?! Definitely not me. :) I have been avoiding creating my own blog for some time now due to various reasons: not enough time, don't know what I'm doing, I'm really not that interesting, and so on, and so on! Well, you caught me. I just can't come up with any more excuses because in reality, I've been DYING to blog!
I am so excited to be opening the book to my heart and mind here on the good ole world wide web. My future blogs will probably deal with my relationship with my crazy(in the best sense of the word) husband, our adventures with rescue dogs, my astounding love for my Savior, and lots of other lives events that are simply UNCONTROLLABLE.
You see, I am a bit of a control freak. (Did I just say that out loud? Or rather type that on the web?) But it's true. I like to have a plan for everything and then a back up plan for the plan. My poor husband just sits back and gives me the reigns in the majority of our marriage because he knows that if I feel like I am in control I feel secure. God bless him for caring so much about my security. The truth is though, I am not in control, nor have I ever been. Whoa, your probably thinking, there goes her security, right out the window! But, honestly the fact that I'm not in control makes me more secure because I have an amazing, merciful God who is and has been in control of my life since before I was born. That still throws me for a loop sometimes. It's hard to imagine that there is a God who has an intricate plan for my life. That plan includes good times and bad, and I have to trust him completely to lead me to His will. Overall, my blogging will be my journey to remind myself that I am not in control and it's better that way. He is my strength and my guide, I am just a weak "control freak" who wants to be controlled by his mighty love.
Thanks for reading my first post! I am very excited to unfold more about my life in future blogs. I'm also excited to dig in to my page and try to make it look decent, that's going to be the tricky part. :)
I hope you'll stick around to hear more!



3 comments:
Yeah!! I am the first to write on your blog. I love reading blogs, looking at pictures on different blogs and keeping up with people. So glad you will be journaling about your life because I feel a little left out since we live so far away. It is wonderful to see how God is working in your life and I look forward to seeing how he will continue to do so. Blog away my sweet niece.... love you...
i can't wait to read more ashton. i think your blogging may just be an inspiration to mine. i know the feeling about wanting to be in control. i wasn't truly aware of my nature until recently, and i decided it's got to stop, and now i'm trusting God to transform me not only in that aspect of my life, but in every.. rodney said something tonight that really got my attention along the lines of God is waiting on us. hm, and i was under the impression that i was waiting on God, so i guess i need to make that step to, what's the phrase? "let go, and let God." happy blogging! or whatever it is bloggers say. lol.
Cara, I totally agree! That is the same thing from the message that stuck out to me! God has a plan for us and he's just waiting for us to move. It makes total sense now that I think about it. I mean how can we live up to what he intended for us if we stay in the same job, same attitude, school, routine in life. I'm ready to move!! haha. :)
Post a Comment